Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Angela D

I was at my grandmother's house in WIlno, Ontario. It was early evening in the summer, and the strong sun had softened and lit everything with a golden orange glow. The shadows were long and stark. My dad picked me up and carried me down the paved driveway, I felt exhilarated to be that high up. He took me to the fence across the ...road where two horses stood grazing on the long grass next to it. He whistled and beckoned a horse near and it sauntered over and poked its big head up to greet us. Hot horse breath smelt like tangy sweetgrass. My dad reached out and petted the horse's face and encouraged me to do the same. Snuggled safely into my dad's collar, I stuck out tiny fingers to stroke the horse's nose. I was absolutely stunned at how soft and warm it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment