Wednesday, July 6, 2011

tENT

I really have multiple memories vying for the position of "earliest memory"
wch include a memory of making a secret compartment out of large
cardboard boxes on the concrete patio behind the house I spent
ages 2 to 22 in & separation anxiety dreams about being separated from
my mom & sister (long since not a problem in my psychology!) but the
one I seem to've settled on is this dream:

I was probably around 2 or 3 (we're talkin' 1956ish here).

I was in the penthouse of a very tall skyscraper. The space between the
wall & the floor started opening up & Mr. Tooth Decay started coming out.
(Mr. Tooth Decay was, of course, a cartoon figure used in commercials
to scare kids into taking good care of our teeth) MTD was coming
threateningly toward me to pull me into his netherworld. Mighty Mouse
(a cartoon superhero) flew in thru the window to rescue me. MM grabbed
me & we flew out the window. I was holding my security blanket but I dropped
it. We were flying very high off the ground but when I dropped my SB I pushed
away from Mighty Mouse to try to follow & rescue my blanket.

I reckon I awoke w/ a start there. Now, as I recall, one of the reasons
why I had falling dreams is b/c my sheet & blanket(s) were tucked between
my mattress & my boxspring &, b/c of this, I wd sleep cocooned off the
side of the bed. The weight of my body wd gradually push my 'cocoon'
down to the floor - hence the falling.

- tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE - recalled July 4, 2011E.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment