Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Annette K

I am inside a duvet with my sister and feathers are everywhere. We have dug ourselves in here during a hide and seek game with our mother. First into the duvet cover where we crawl around until we find the bandaid-covered tear. We rip off the plaster and widen the tear with our little arms until it is big enough to allow our small nak...ed bodies inside. Then we dissappear.

I can hear my sister laugh as we throw feathers at each other. My skin feels soft and clean as the feathers wander or rest on it. Sometimes they tickle. The sunlight that comes in here makes my sisters hair look even blonder. I try to stand up, but topple over.

We are unaware of the feathers that escape outside and trickle down everywhere in our parents' bedroom. Gladly my mother, unaware of the hide-and-seek game, will not be checking on us for the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment